The Youth Coalition, together with the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) and the Mental Health Community Coalition, invite you to join us on a Comorbidity Bus Tour.
The Comorbidity Bus Tour visits a variety of services in the ACT from the alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD), mental health (MH) and youth sectors. The aim of the bus tour is to increase the capacity of frontline workers to support people experiencing co-occurring ATOD and MH issues (comorbidity). There are currently 3 bus tours operating (Tour A, B & C) with each tour visiting different services. See tour dates for 2016 below.
- No more tours for 2016.
Services visited on Tour A:
- Karralika Therapeutic Community, Karralika Programs Inc.
- Directions ACT
- Adult Mental Health Inpatient Unit, Mental Health Services
- Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT), Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Assessment Unit, Mental Health Services
- Opioid Treatment Service, Alcohol and Drug Services
- Withdrawal Unit, Alcohol and Drug Services
- The Rainbow, Mental Health Foundation
- Canberra Recovery Services, Salvation Army
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service
- Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA)
- Wednesday 30 November
Services visited on Tour B:
- Mental Health Community Coalition ACT
- Carers ACT
- Brian Hennessy Rehabilitation Centre, Mental Health Services
- Arcadia House, DIRECTIONS ACT
- Calvary Inpatient Unit (Ward 2N), Calvary Hospital
- Lesley's Place, Toora Women Inc.
- Step Up Step Down Program, Mental Illness Fellowship Victoria
- Alcohol and Drug Services, Health Directorate
- Canberra Alliance for Harm Minimimsation and Advocacy (CAHMA) & the Connection
- ACT Mental Health Consumer Network
- Live Your Life, Richmond Fellowship of the ACT
- No more tours for 2016.
Services visited on Tour C:
- Youth Coalition of the ACT
- PALM Program, Ted Noffs Foundation
- STEPS, CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn
- headspace Canberra
- Youth Step Up Step Down Program, Mental Illness Fellowship Victoria
- Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation
- Sobering Up Shelter, CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn
- Court Alcohol and Drug Assessment Service (CADAS), Alcohol and Drug Services
- CALM Program, Ted Noffs Foundation
- Junction Youth Health Service, Anglicare ACT
Cost includes resources and snacks, but not lunch.
- $50 + booking fees - Participants from agencies who are members of ATODA, MHCC ACT or the Youth Coalition, or staff members of a service visited on the bus tour
- $60 + booking fees - Participants from non-member, non-government organisations
- $70 + booking fees - Government workers (except those from a service visited on the bus tour)
For more information or to register for a bus tour, please contact the Bus Tour Coordinator, Taylor Kenny, on 02 6247 3540 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings will not be confirmed until registration has been completed.