Due to the Youth Coalition's building works, the February, March and April meetings of the Youth Housing and Homelessness Forum (YHHF) will be held in the boardroom at St Vincent de Paul Society in Deakin. The YHHF is a network that seeks to provide a forum for housing and homelessness providers to improve their practice in supporting young people in the ACT who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
News from the Youth Coalition
The Youth Coalition invites you to join us on a Child, Youth and Family Services Program (CYFSP) Induction Bus Tour. The CYFSP Induction Bus Tour will visit services within the CYFSP Service Delivery Framework, including the those providing the CYFSP Gateway, Network Coordination, Case Management, Youth Engagement, Group Programs, Therapeutic Services, Specialist Services and Peak Bodies.
- Announced tour dates for the CYFSP Bus Tours
- Welcomed new staff member, Ben Duggan, as a Policy and Sector Development Officer
- Attended a meeting of the CYFSP Workforce Development and Training subcommittee
- Met with ATODA regarding the Under 10% Project about workplace tobacco management
- Attended a meeting of the AYAC Welfare Survey Reference Group
- Youth Coalition reopened after the Christmas/New Year break
- Hosted a meeting of the Youth Homelessness Matters Day 2014 committee
- Announced tour dates for the Comorbidity Bus Tours
- Met with Multicultural Youth Services
- Met with Mental Health Community Coalition
The Youth Coalition would like thank everyone for another fantastic year, and wish you a happy holiday season.
The Youth Coalition office will be shut from COB Friday 20 December, re opening on Monday 6 January 2014.
- Wrote a submission in response to the ACT Out of Home Care Strategy Discussion Paper
- Partnered with ACT Policing for the launch of the Safe Summer Campaign
- Held a Champions ACT promotional night at Mooseheads Pub and Nightclub
- Presented to the CYFSP Youth Engagement workers in outreach
- Met with ACTCOSS and Education and Training Directorate to discuss joint Youth Co ACTCOSS paper re flexible learning
- Attended the Raising Hope Foundation Xmas function
The Youth Coalition has made a submission in response to the ACT Out of Home Care Strategy discussion paper which made a number of recommendations regarding the future of the Out of Home Care system in the ACT.
- Announced that the Youth Coalition is inviting applications for the National Youth Week 2014 Seeding Grants.
- Partnered with the Sobering Up Shelter for the annual CatholicCare Comorbidity Interagency Day.
- Hosted a Champions ACT promotional night at Mooseheads Pub and Nightclub.
- Contacted successful applicants for the National Youth Week 2014 $350 School Grants
- Presented the Champions ACT campaign to the Blueprint for Youth Justice in the ACT 2012 - 2022
- Attended media launch of the free Nightrider Bus Service
National Youth Week is a week-long event that seeks to celebrate young people aged 12 – 25 and the contribution they make to the community. National Youth Week 2014 will be held from 4 – 13 April 2014. The event is a joint initiative of the Australian, State, and Territory Governments. The theme for National Youth Week 2014 is Our Voice, Our Impact.
On 27 November 2013, the Youth Coalition celebrated 10 years of the Annual YOGIE Awards. These Awards recognise, celebrate, promote and reward outstanding practice in working with young people in the ACT and surrounding areas. The YOGIES highlight the exceptional commitment, talent and innovation that exist in the youth sector. The YOGIES are presented annually by the Minster for Children and Young People.