About the Youth Worker Practice Network
The Youth Worker Practice Network (YWPN) is a Community of Practice for youth workers in the ACT. The YWPN is coordinated by the Youth Coalition of the ACT, and advised by a group of experienced youth work practitioners from a range of community organisations and youth programs.
All youth workers in the ACT & surrounding region are invited to apply for membership to the Youth Worker Practice Network.
‘Youth Worker’, for the purpose of membership in the YWPN, is defined as:
- A worker currently employed in a role where their job title or position description includes ‘youth worker’, or
- A worker currently employed in a role where they work with young people (aged 12-25), and utilise youth work skills.
Aims of the Youth Worker Practice Network
The Youth Worker Practice Network will:
- Bring together new and experienced youth practitioners from a range of programs and organisations working with young people in the ACT;
- Enable workers to share their knowledge and insight into current and / or common issues faced by young people in the ACT;
- Provide an opportunity for workers to identify gaps in their own individual learning, or in practice knowledge in the sector, and for these gaps to be addressed;
- Provide an avenue for experienced workers to pass on the skills and knowledge gained from working in the youth sector over a period of time; and,
- Develop the practice of frontline workers, as they raise questions and discuss the issues they face in both their individual practice, and in the programs in which they work.
Further information about the YWPN is available using the following links:
How to join the Youth Worker Practice Network
Youth Workers are invited to apply for membership in the YWPN by completing the online application form.
There is a $10 administration fee to join the network, which will be invoiced after your membership application has been accepted.
Future Events for the Youth Worker Practice Network
Please note that the YWPN member sessions will be held on the third Thursday of each month, including during school holidays. A calendar of events for the first half of the year will be distributed mid January.
If you would like more information about the Youth Worker Practice Network, please contact the Youth Coalition of the ACT on 02 6247 3540 or email@example.com